MAWA Membership Registration
If you wish to register and optionally pay for your membership on-line then click on the link below that applies to your membership type. If you would like a printable copy of the registration forms and waiver , please go to the policies and forms page to download the registration form.
Benefits of membership
- May participate in MAWA sanctioned events. MAWA membership allows participation in any events sanctioned by MAWA or any of its provincial or territorial affiliates as well as participation in national events sanctioned by the Canadian Amateur Wrestling Association (CAWA) and international competition sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale des Luttes Associées (FILA) including World Championships and for Freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling, and the Olympic Games.
- Accident & liability (5,000,000) insurance. All MAWA member clubs are covered by the MAWA insurance policy through Sport Manitoba. This policy provides liability insurance for all normal club activities and covers club board members, coaches, officials, athletes, and volunteers. It also gives coverage for property damage if your club rents facilities. All registered athletes are also covered by Sport Injury insurance. More information on insurance coverage can be found on the MAWA website
- The right to host MAWA sanctioned events. Member clubs can apply to host tournaments and training camps.
- The right to participate in the governance of the Manitoba Amateur Wrestling Association. Registered clubs have voting rights at general meetings of the association.
- Provide members recognition through the Awards & Scholarships
- Provides resources in rules, technical material (manual/videos), policies & procedures for wrestling
- Education and development of novice to elite coaches with clinics throughout the province. Coaches have access to subsidized NCCP coaching clinics and professional development.
- Education and development of Officials from regional to national levels
- Access to national and international competition (cadet, juvenile, junior and senior)
- Access to multi-sport games - Canada and Western Canada Games, Indigenous Games and Manitoba Games
- Access to Athlete Assistance Program (elite) through Sport Manitoba
- Access to various grant and funding opportunities through MAWA and Sport Manitoba
- Access for regional programs to funding opportunities through Sport Manitoba Regional Offices
- Association with the Olympic effort.